Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a refreshing tasty fruit/jello salad for any time of the year.
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, sliced, partially thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mashed firm banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 13" x 9" x 2" dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set the remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Spread over the chilled gelatin. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnight.
Enjoyed this very much. This is very refreshing and tasty. Forgot the crushed pineapple, substituted 1/2 can of sliced pineapple that I cut up. Thank you. Made for ZWT 5, Zingo -Sultans of Spice.
Very tasty jello salad. I used sugar free strawberry jello and light sour cream to cut a few of the calories, but otherwise I followed the directions as written. The combination of all the fruits, nuts, and sour cream make this a very refreshing salad. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT5.
Was in the process of cleaning & freezing a big batch of fresh strawberries so used some of those for this recipe instead of some I still had frozen ~ THIS IS A REALLY GREAT, REFRESHING SALAD, what with the combo of fruits used! Putting this one with my keepers! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the ZINGO part of ZWT5]