Recipe by jkoch960
This is a refreshing tasty fruit/jello salad for any time of the year.
Top Review by MomLuvs6
Enjoyed this very much. This is very refreshing and tasty. Forgot the crushed pineapple, substituted 1/2 can of sliced pineapple that I cut up. Thank you. Made for ZWT 5, Zingo -Sultans of Spice.
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, sliced, partially thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mashed firm banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 13" x 9" x 2" dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set the remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Spread over the chilled gelatin. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnight.