Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found many recipes for the original strawberry pretzel salad here, but this is how my dear friend Magda taught me to make this. We really like that added texture of the banana and walnuts.
- 2 2⁄3 cups crushed pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- reserved pineapple juice
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- Combine cream cheese and sugar; set aside.
- Mix pretzels and margarine and press into 9x13 dish. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over pretzels.
- Spread the Cool Whip over cream cheese. Chill about 30 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to make 2 cups.
- Dissolve Jello in hot pineapple juice and water. Add frozen strawberries, pineapple, sliced bananas and walnuts. Chill until partially set. Carefully pour over all; refrigerate several hours.
This was good My husband and son loved it. I liked it alot but the crust got very soggy and I was not fond of that. Otherwise great recipe