I found many recipes for the original strawberry pretzel salad here, but this is how my dear friend Magda taught me to make this. We really like that added texture of the banana and walnuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 2/3 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin
- reserved pineapple juice
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1Combine cream cheese and sugar; set aside.
- 2Mix pretzels and margarine and press into 9x13 dish. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Cool.
- 3Spread cream cheese mixture over pretzels.
- 4Spread the Cool Whip over cream cheese. Chill about 30 minutes.
- 5Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add water to make 2 cups.
- 6Dissolve Jello in hot pineapple juice and water. Add frozen strawberries, pineapple, sliced bananas and walnuts. Chill until partially set. Carefully pour over all; refrigerate several hours.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Banana Pretzel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 881.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 1107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 77.8 g
- Protein 12.3 g