Recipe by Jennygal
From Taste of Home Contest Winning Recipes 2007. Its an ice cream pie so some extra time is needed for refreezing between layers.
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package sugar ice cream cones, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 large bananas, cut into slices
- 2 cups strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the crushed ice cream cones, pecans and butter. Press on bottom and up sides of a 10" pie plate. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla ice cream and mashed bananas. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- Arrange sliced bananas over ice cream. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- Top with strawberry ice cream, cover and freeze 45 minutes.
- Halve strawberries and place around edge of pie. Mound or pipe whipped topping in centre of pie. Cover and freeze up to 1 month.
- Remove from freezer about 25 min before serving.