Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Light and easy to prepare dessert. Add any flavour jello, ice cream and fruits to make your own favourite parfait. Enjoy!
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream (I use Haagen Dazs)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust (or use your favourite recipe)
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced into rounds gently dry the juices on paper towels,changing as often as necessary
- In a 2 quart sauce pan with hot water (not boiling), stir well to dissolve jello- set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add ice cream by spoonfulls to jello mixture, stirring till melted.
- Chill pan on an ice bath till thickened, but not set, about 10- 15 minutes.
- Gently fold in banana rounds.
- Pour mixture into prepared crust, smooth top evenly with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Top with kiwi slices.
- Slice and serve.