Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from Chatelaine. I haven't tried it, but it looks great for a hot summer day. You might want to try it with Mango juice instead of papaya juice.
- 8 large strawberries
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 cup chilled papaya nectar or 1 cup mango juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 ice cubes (optional)
- Wash then hull strawberries. Slice in half.
- Peel banana and slice into thirds.
- Place in a blender or food processor. Pour in juice and optional ice cubes.
- Whirl until puréed and frothy.
- Pour into tall glasses and serve.
Nice taste and refreshing on a hot summer day! I put in extra strawberries so that taste would be more prominent than the banana. I used just under 7 oz of mango juice, since that was the size of the bottle. This is better chilled for a bit in the refrigerator. Thanks!
I freeze the fruit that I use for smoothies. They turn out extra thick and you don't have to add ice.