Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
An odd couple recipe I found in my Simple and Delicious magazine.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add bananas and vanilla; toss to coat.
- Remove from heat; stir in strawberries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, water, and salt.
- Heat remaining butter in a 10in nonstick skillet over medium heat: add egg mixture.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- When eggs are almost set, spread two thirds of fruit mixture over one side: fold omelet over filling.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 or until heated through.
- Put on serving plate and top with remaining fruit mixture and dust with confectioners sugar.
Delicious and different!
An interesting combination - a fruit omelet. Although my brain was wanting a crepe instead of egg, I keep digging in for more bites. Delicious and different.