Recipe by Audrey M
A nice change from ordinary Banana Bread. I have been able to get fresh strawberries all winter. Also makes 2 dozen muffins.
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 pint chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 medium sliced ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer, beat together margarine, eggs and sugar.
- Add smashed bananas and hand mix with butter mixture.
- Next add chopped strawberries.
- Add milk, chopped nuts, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Divide between three 7 3/8 inch x 3 5/8 inch x 2 1/4 inch greased loaf pans or 2 dozen muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Before slice strawberry banana loaf, let cool for 1/2 an hour.