1/4 Photos of Strawberry Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free)
The good people at Moosewood have done it again! These tender, tasty muffins look, taste, and feel like regular old wheat flour muffins. Eat them in a sunny garden with a cup of tea and contemplate the joys of wheat-free living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk or 1/3 cup soymilk
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil a mufffin tin or fill with paper liners.
- 2In a large bowl, sift together the rice flour, potato starch, tapioce flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix.
- 3In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs ans add the vanilla and milk, stirring well. The mixture will be quite lumpy.
- 4Mash the bananas and fold them with the strawberries into the wet ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a thick batter.
- 5Spoon a generous 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes. After about 15 min, turn the tin to ensure even baking. Insert a paring knife into a muffin; when the blade comes out clean the muffins are done.
- 6Place the tin on a cooling rack for a few minutes, the remove the muffins from the tin and place them on rack. Serve warm or at room teomperature. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 664.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: