1/1 Photo of Strawberry Banana Muffins
I just made this recipe for the first time and had to share. I had both bananas and strawberries that had to be used up and this was the perfect solution! Adapted from Oregon's Cuisine of the Rain by Karen Brooks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about one cup)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
- 2Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- 3Melt butter, set aside.
- 4Whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and mashed banana.
- 5In separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour. This helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.
- 6Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not overmix the batter or you will have tough muffins.
- 7Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- 8Place in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 187.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g