Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
One day, I was craving a milkshake, but I wanted to bake some muffins. So I came up with this! I love how light and moist these turn out. If you want to use fresh or frozen strawberries, I guess you could blend a 1/2 cup strawberries with 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream or buttermilk. I'm waiting for strawberry season to try that out!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 1 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together sugar with yogurt, bananas, oil, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and baking powder/baking soda.
- Add flour mix to the wet ingredients and stir just until the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
This had a very nice texture; I just think it needs more flavoring (strawberry jam maybe?)