Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great little low-fat, high-protein snacks to tote along with you to the gym, or eat instead of donuts on your mid-morning coffee break.
- 1 cup of raw oatmeal
- 5 scoops strawberry protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x9 square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine oatmeal, protein powder and dry milk.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl beat together using an electric hand mixer the cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water and oil.
- Add the oat mixture to the wet ingredients and continue to beat until the two are combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean when inserted.
- Cut finished product into 6 equal bars.
The texture of these bars is similar to cornbread and they definitely require a sweetener otherwise may be too bland for most tastes.
These are really good. I used peach protein powder since that's what I had in the cupboard, replaced about half of the water with agave syrup (I wanted it a little sweeter) and used one whole egg instead of 2 whites. These bars aren't as dry and sawdusty as other recipes I've tried that call for protein powder. The best part is one bar is enough to get you through the entire morning. I'll be eating these for breakfast from now on!