Recipe by Dib's
This is a tasty jam that you can sub blueberries for the strawberries OR decrease bananas to 1 cup and add 1 can well drained crushed pineapple.
Top Review by Mindi Righter
My very first attempt at making jam and canning. I substituted blueberries for the strawberries (per suggestion) and was amazed. It came out fabulous. I'm going to make it with strawberries at my first chance.
- 7 cups hulled and halved strawberries
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 medium seedless orange, that has been put through a food processor to a fine chop
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stainless or enamel pot add the strawberries, bananas and the orange.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 10 min.
- Slowly add the sugar and lemon juice-you dont want to loose the"boil" and stir constantly until mixture reaches the gel stage.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle into hot sterilized jars to 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a water bath for 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.