Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great jam. The two flavors really compliment each other and it gives you something a little different from the ordinary strawberry jam.
- Place crushed fruit in sauce pan and add lemon juice.
- Stir in fruit pectin; add butter.
- Bring to rolling boil and add sugar.
- Return to full boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat;place jam in sterilized jars and invert jars until lids pop.
I tried this recipe and will probably not use it again. It did not set at all. As for the inverting part, you have to process this in a boiling water canner because inverting is not safe to do. It won't kill bacteria like a canner does. USDA recommends that all jams, jellies, ect. be processed in a boiling water bath for no less than 10 minutes. Taste is good though and color is dark and nice. Sorry Petdrwife