Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an adaptation of an original David Lebovitz recipe. I didn't have enough strawberries, plus I didn't want the sugar count. The secret ingredient here is sour cream. Here in Costa Rica we use natilla instead of sour cream. It's so much different and SO much better! LOL... In the US, I would use Mexican Crema - it will have the same consistency and flavor. COOKING TIME is macerating time.
- 1 pint strawberry
- 2 bananas, medium and very ripe
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, slice the strawberries and bananas. Add the sugar and vodka, stir well to combine. Macerate for about an hour.
- Place the fruit and all it's juices in a blender. Add the sour cream, heavy cream and lemon juice and pulse until combined and strawberries you can still see some small bits & pieces of strawberry.
- Process the ice cream in your machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. In my Cuisinart, this takes about 30 minutes.
- Pack into a glass container with a tight fitting lid and freeze for about three hours before serving.