Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living. Prep time is chilling time.
- 1 pint strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Wash and hull strawberries, cut in half and set aside.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan; mix well, and stir in water. Add butter, cook glaze over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring.
- Arrange strawberries and bananas in pastry shell, alternating layer of each. Pour glaze evenly over fruit; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until well chilled. Spread with whipped topping before serving.
This was a wonderful pie! Set up beautifully, and tasted divine. I didn't have whipped topping or any cream for this, so I did modify the recipe a touch... I have a great big pie plate, and this only filled it about halfway, so I made a no-bake cheesecake (cream cheese, lemon juice, sw condensed milk) and poured that on top to fill out the pie... heavenly. Thanks for the great recipe!
Wonderful pie! This was not only easy but very tasty. I will be making this again for sure. Thanks so much for posting!
Fantastic recipe for strawberry pie! and very easy to make, I used Cool Whip topping in place of the whipped cream. I do advise to eat this the same day as it is made because of the bananas turing dark. This is the most delicious pie with just the perfect amount of sweetness! Thanks Anita, we will enjoy this for dessert tonight!...Kitten:)