Recipe by carolinafan
From Southern Living. Prep time is chilling time.
Top Review by Queen Roachie
This was a wonderful pie! Set up beautifully, and tasted divine. I didn't have whipped topping or any cream for this, so I did modify the recipe a touch... I have a great big pie plate, and this only filled it about halfway, so I made a no-bake cheesecake (cream cheese, lemon juice, sw condensed milk) and poured that on top to fill out the pie... heavenly. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 1 pint strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and hull strawberries, cut in half and set aside.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan; mix well, and stir in water. Add butter, cook glaze over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring.
- Arrange strawberries and bananas in pastry shell, alternating layer of each. Pour glaze evenly over fruit; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until well chilled. Spread with whipped topping before serving.