Prep 45 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Perfect for a hot summer day...light and fruity! From 2002 Tast of Home Annual Recipe cookbook.
Make and share this Strawberry Banana Dessert recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) angel food cake, prepared & cubed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton light whipped topping
- Layer banana slices and cake cubes in a 13x9x2 dish coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place strawberries over cake and press down gently.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Pour over srawberries.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Top with whipped topping.
This dessert was really quick and easy to make. The flavor and texture was very tasty. I love the fresh strawberries and hint of banana in this. It is a nice light dessert that will be appreciated during the heat of summer. Thanks so much for sharing.