Recipe by Malriah
Yummy fresh fruit decadence! Cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by Marie
You're right Kari, this is decadent! I made this for dessert for my son and his family when they came over this evening and the whole pie was gone in a matter of minutes! Wonderful, delicious and easy to put together. Thanks so much for this keeper of a recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 9 in.baked pastry shell
- 1 large bananas or 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced
- whipped cream, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Blend together egg yolks and milk.
- Stir small amount of milk mixture into dry ingredients, making a smooth paste.
- Gradually blend in remaining milk mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Allow to boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla.
- Cool quickly by setting pan in bowl of ice or cold water and stirring for a few minutes.
- Arrange Strawberries in the bottom of the pie shell, reserving about 1/4 of them for garnish.
- Pour half of the custard over berries.
- Layer bananas over custard layer and top with remaining custard.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with reserved berries and whipped cream.