Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yummy fresh fruit decadence! Cook time includes chill time.
Make and share this Strawberry Banana Cream Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Blend together egg yolks and milk.
- Stir small amount of milk mixture into dry ingredients, making a smooth paste.
- Gradually blend in remaining milk mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Allow to boil for one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in Vanilla.
- Cool quickly by setting pan in bowl of ice or cold water and stirring for a few minutes.
- Arrange Strawberries in the bottom of the pie shell, reserving about 1/4 of them for garnish.
- Pour half of the custard over berries.
- Layer bananas over custard layer and top with remaining custard.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Garnish with reserved berries and whipped cream.
You're right Kari, this is decadent! I made this for dessert for my son and his family when they came over this evening and the whole pie was gone in a matter of minutes! Wonderful, delicious and easy to put together. Thanks so much for this keeper of a recipe!
Hey Kari, this pie was outstanding. The cream filling was as good as any I have tasted and I loved the use of both strawberries and bananas. Our strawberry plants are producing like crazy and this pie was a great way to use them. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
If you make the custard using 3 1/2 Tbls cornstarch, 1 2/3 cups water, 14oz sweetened condenced milk, 3 egg yolks beaten mix that all together in a sauce pan and cook and stir until thickend and starting to boil, I do it on Mid high heat, then add 2Tbls butter and 1tsp vanilla and stir, the custard will turn out each time and look and cut beautifully... I make this for a restaurant.. with a gram cracker crust everyone loves it..