Here's a great muffin for you to try. Wonderfully delicious fresh chopped strawberries, ripe bananas and mouth-watering chocolate chips combined to please anyone who loves homemade muffins.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C and grease a 16 cup muffin pan or place 16 paper muffin cup liners in muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, sour cream (or plain yogurt can be used) and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas, chopped strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (toothpick inserted into center of muffin may be a bit moist and gooey because of using fresh chopped strawberries, but that's alright). Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
These are very good muffins! Super moist and not too sweet. The banana, strawberry and chocolate go well together; kinda like a banana split muffin! Made for PRMR.
Wow, what great muffins. I love banana, strawberry, and chocolate together.
Great muffins! Very moist with a perfect balance of flavors. Especially good eaten warm! Will make again.