Prep 50 mins
Cook 50 mins
Combining Honey Graham Pie Crust and acclaimed recipe for strawberry cheesecake on Allrecipes.com, I came up with this tweaked, potentially healthier version with full taste. My family loved it, and I will in the future try it with more fruit combinations. I wouldn't recommend going with fat-free products for cheesecakes such as these, as the cake may not set properly. Light and low-fat worked well for me. And using the cooling technique listed below, I managed to get no cracks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid honey
STRAWBERRY and BANANA
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar (to your preference)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 bananas
- 3 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese or 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can low fat sweetened condensed milk or 1 (14 ounce) canregular sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- FOR CRUST:.
- Put crumbs, melted butter, and honey in food processor and process until smooth.
- Spray 9-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray and press crumbs in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until edges feel firm and dry.
- Set aside until cool to the touch.
- FOR STRAWBERRIES/BANANAS:.
- In a food processor, combine strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil on medium-low.
- Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Cover sauce and refridgerate until needed.
- Cut two bananas into even slices, and set aside.
- FOR CHEESCAKE:.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in condensed milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, beat on low until just combined.
- FOR ASSEMBALY:.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust.
- using 1/2 teaspoonfulls, carefully drop a thin layer of strawberry sause over the first layer of cream cheese. cover with an ever layer of slices bananas. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce.
- Drop more strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top. With a butter knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce.
- Cover remaining strawberry sauce and refrigerate. Come serving, warm sauce in the microwave. If it has thickened excessively, add some water to make it pourable.
- Bake cheesecake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. You may need to bake a touch if using the lower-fat ingrediants.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan and serve with strawberry sauce.
Great cheesecake! Make this for my husband he loves it!