Recipe by Colby's Mom
Trifle recipes look so elegant, yet are so simple to make. And I love that they are made ahead of time, so that you don't have to worry about anything while you cook.
- 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 4 -5 Skor candy bars, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the brownie mix as directed on package, adding extra egg for cakelike brownies.
- Spread batter on a greased jellyroll pan and bake for about 20 minutes (or until done. Do not overbake).
- Wash, hull, and slice strawberries, leaving about 5 whole for garnish.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and cool.
- Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Arrange half of brownie pieces in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Scatter half of strawberries over brownie pieces, arranging some slices along the bowl so that you can see them.
- Scatter half of bananas over berries, arranging some slices so that you can see them.
- Sprinkle half of the candy bar over the fruit.
- Spread half of the Cool Whip over.
- Repeat layering, leaving a few slices of banana and a sprinkling of candy bar bits for garnish.