Recipe by tbean1
from the Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wilderness Lodge
Top Review by jessica_bella
I loved this recipe! I added pecans and cinnamon. I added enough to my own liking, and I used fresh strawberries. I chopped the strawberries and mushed them with my hands leaving them chunky. This bread was sweet, moist, and very flavorful! Definitely going to be making this again. :)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 6 medium-size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease two 9- by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Incorporate the bananas and scrape the sides of the bowl with the spatula.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the strawberries.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a rack before inverting onto a plate.