Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist, wholesome and low-fat bread bursting with strawberry flavour.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mashed strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Mix in oil, sugar, mashed strawberries and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir to mix thoroughly.
- Add to wet ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Turn into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove loaf from pan to cool completely on rack.
- Wrap well and allow flavour to blend for at least one day.
This turned out really nice. It has a very good flavor and texture. Thank you.