Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just LOVE this dressing....I eat lots of salads and love the balsamic vinaigrette flavor. I usually make a salad with spinach and romaine lettuce, red onions, chicken, toasted or sweet candied pecans and feta cheese. I do add sliced strawberries, but not all the time. I think that the dressing has enough strawberry flavor. You can add or subtract items to your liking, but this dressing is great!! Try it and let me know!!
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and washed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (EVOO)
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add herbs, whisk in vinegar and then slowly whisk in Olive oil.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Can add a small amount of sugar, if needed. Some people add red pepper flakes but that, of course, is optional.