Recipe by BekaWild
Low sugar, low cal, so easy! I make it for Whole Wheat Pancakes, see here: Serves 4 This calls for frozen strawberries. I slice fresh and then freeze them anyways, but fresh would be fine, just allow more time. Freeing breaks the cell walls and makes them mushier.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Really enjoyed this topping on pancakes I'd made, & since I almost always have frozen strawberries around . . . Worked like a chard & easy to make, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 16 ounces frozen strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute (or 8 packets)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a small sauce pan on Med-High Heat.
- Stir whenever you feel like it.
- Reduce until desired thickness (about 8min).
- Note: Strawberries will start to look really pale and sad after they thaw, but don't worry they will get dark red again!