If you're out of strawberry season, use frozen berries!
My Private Note
8 oz. j ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the berries and remove their hulls, then roughly dice.
- 2Measure the fruit into a 6 to 8 quart nonreactive pot and add lemon juice and the proper amount of calcium water; stir well.
- 3Measure the sugar into a separate bowl adn thoroughly mix the proper amount of pectin powder into the sugar; set the mixture aside.
- 4Bring the fruit to a boil over medium-high heat. If it starts to foam, skim off the top and discard.
- 5Add the balsamic vinegar and return to a boil.
- 6Pour the pectin-sugar mixture into the boiling jam stirring as you add; stir vigorously for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- 7Return the fruit to a boil and remove from heat; skim off any foam.
- 8Fill jars leaving 1" head space.
- 9Process for 6 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Balsamic Jam
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 0.3 g