Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you're out of strawberry season, use frozen berries!
Make and share this Strawberry Balsamic Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse the berries and remove their hulls, then roughly dice.
- Measure the fruit into a 6 to 8 quart nonreactive pot and add lemon juice and the proper amount of calcium water; stir well.
- Measure the sugar into a separate bowl adn thoroughly mix the proper amount of pectin powder into the sugar; set the mixture aside.
- Bring the fruit to a boil over medium-high heat. If it starts to foam, skim off the top and discard.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and return to a boil.
- Pour the pectin-sugar mixture into the boiling jam stirring as you add; stir vigorously for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Return the fruit to a boil and remove from heat; skim off any foam.
- Fill jars leaving 1" head space.
- Process for 6 minutes.