Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you're out of strawberry season, use frozen berries!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs strawberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons calcium water
- 4 teaspoons pectin
- Rinse the berries and remove their hulls, then roughly dice.
- Measure the fruit into a 6 to 8 quart nonreactive pot and add lemon juice and the proper amount of calcium water; stir well.
- Measure the sugar into a separate bowl adn thoroughly mix the proper amount of pectin powder into the sugar; set the mixture aside.
- Bring the fruit to a boil over medium-high heat. If it starts to foam, skim off the top and discard.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and return to a boil.
- Pour the pectin-sugar mixture into the boiling jam stirring as you add; stir vigorously for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
- Return the fruit to a boil and remove from heat; skim off any foam.
- Fill jars leaving 1" head space.
- Process for 6 minutes.