Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on Canadian Living's web site, it's credited to The Canadian Living Test Kitchen. I have been looking for a good strawberry/balsamic jam recipe, and I was glas to find one that uses low-sugar pectin.
- 2839.08 ml strawberries, hulled
- 49.61 g package light fruit pectin
- 1064.65 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml coarsely cracked black pepper
- Crush or finely chop strawberries 1 layer at a time. Measure 6 cups.
- Mix pectin with 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir pectin mixture into berries and continue stirring while bringing to a boil over high heat.
- Add remaining sugar. Continue stirring and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove jam from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Ladle into sterilized jars. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.