Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds delicious! Oh, where's the ice cream and pound cake?
- Wash and hull the strawberries, Put in bowl of food processor or blender. Pulse a couple of times until crushed.
- In a bowl lined with cheesecloth, pour the crushed strawberries and their juice into the cloth. Gather up the corners and squeeze until all the juice has been extracted.
- Measure the juice and combine it with an equal amount of sugar. Pour it and the lemon balm into a non-reactive saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, skimming any foam from the top. Let cool and remove the lemon balm sprigs.
- Store in the refrigerator.