Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Chill pastry shell well after baking.
- Spread bottom with strawberry jam or topping.
- Reserve a little to drizzle over top.
- Soften ice cream to room temperature.
- Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread ice cream evenly over bottom of pie shell, mounding it in the center.
- Place in freezer immediately while preparing the meringue topping.
- Whip eggs white in mixer bowl until very frothy.
- Add cream of tarter and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Spread meringue evenly over ice cream in shell to the edges to seal well.
- Bake pie at 450F degrees until slightly browned, 4-5 minutes .
- Drizzle strawberry jam or topping over top of meringue, if used.