Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Strawberries and avocados are huge favorites in this family, so this salad was a winner! To make it more substantial, add cooked prawns
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 227 ml water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Salad: In large bowl, toss salad ingredients.
- Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and sugar. Gradually whisk in oil. Stir in shallots. Add salt and pepper.
- Add enough dressing to salad to coat lightly.
This is a great dressing! I am not such a fan of avocado so I left them out but the dressing is light and fresh and really made the salad pop! Plus, it is very easy to make!