Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wasn't really sure what to call this. But we devour it whenever I make it. This makes a wonderful light summer meal. We've found this is best when the pasta is slightly warm, so I always cook that first while doing my prep work, so I included the pasta cooking in the prep time. Once its cooked and drained I start the rest of the cooking. I can never keep leftovers of this no matter how much I make.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb strawberry, quartered
- 1 avocado, just ripe cubed
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prepare spaghetti noodles as per package instructions. Drain and set aside to cool. No need to force cooling, letting it cool naturally in bowl on countertop while you cook the rest is perfect.
- Roast onions and garlic in skillet with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil till nicely carmelized.
- Deglaze pan with second Tablespoon of olive oil and add cubed chicken. Roast chicken over medium heat till cooked through. (15 to 20 minutes.).
- Toss chicken mix with strawberries, avocadoes and cooled noodles till well mixed. Add small amount of olive oil if needed to moisten dish.
- Serve right away.
- Optional, garnish with grated parmesan.
wont rate it bc i changed so much, but boy was this a beautiful dish! I did not use any spaghetti, since i just made this to stuff a pita, i also had no garlic so i could only use onion. The chicken seemed very tasteless to me, so next time i think marinating it would be a good idea, i put in a bunch of pepper and cumin with the chicken though and it still was sort of bland. I would recommend 2 avocadoes bc it adds great color to the dish and I LOVE avocadoes. Will definitely use this combination of ingredients again, it was so colorful! and hopefully next time ill get the chicken to be more flavorable.
Sorry, we didn't like this. The flavors seemed off. We love avocado and we love strawberries, but we don't seem to like them together. Thank you for posting it, though.
I just made this for dinner and it was great! I marinated the chicken in teriyaki sauce first to add flavor. My husband and I both loved it and it was super easy! Thanks for the recipe - will definitely make it again!