Recipe by Pepper Monkey
This is a fruity twist to the traditional strawberry jelly.
Top Review by lauralie41
This jelly was easy to make and very tasty. I used canned apricots and rinsed them with cold water plus apricot nectar instead of the apricot brandy. I do believe the taste of the jelly would have a little more zip using the fresh apricots as the recipe stated. All in all this is a good tasting jelly.
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 cups apricots, washed sliced and peeled
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fruit pectin
- 8 tablespoons apricot brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Once all fruit is prepped, place in blender and blend for 30 seconds on high.
- Next add sugar, lemon juice, pectin and brandy.
- Don't be alarmed, the alcohol will cook out of the brandy. Its for flavor only.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a medium saucepan and boil for 8 minutes.
- Skim off the foamy layer on top.
- Pour the hot jam into hot sterile jars. Close tightly.
- Allow to cool before refridgeration. Lasts 3-5 days after opening the jar.