melting pot's Note:
Looks really nice, and is somewhat healthier than most pies/tarts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Mix flour and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in oatmeal, then add enough cold water to bind mixture to a firm dough. Knead lightly until smooth.
- 3Roll out pastry and line a 23cm pie tin. Trim and prick the base with a fork before lining with baking paperr and either baking beads or rice or dried beans. Stamp shapes out of leftover pastry if desired using cookie cutter.
- 4Bake for 10 minute Remove paper and beans and bake for a further 10-15 min or until golden brown. Bake small shapes until golden.
- 5Peel, core and slice apples. Place in a pan with the strawberries, sugar and cornflour. Cover and cook gently, sitrring until the fruit is just tender, approximately 10 minute
- 6Spoon into pastry case and serve decorate with pastry shapes.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Apple Tart
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 282.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g