Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Looks really nice, and is somewhat healthier than most pies/tarts.
Make and share this Strawberry Apple Tart recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix flour and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in oatmeal, then add enough cold water to bind mixture to a firm dough. Knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out pastry and line a 23cm pie tin. Trim and prick the base with a fork before lining with baking paperr and either baking beads or rice or dried beans. Stamp shapes out of leftover pastry if desired using cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10 minute Remove paper and beans and bake for a further 10-15 min or until golden brown. Bake small shapes until golden.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place in a pan with the strawberries, sugar and cornflour. Cover and cook gently, sitrring until the fruit is just tender, approximately 10 minute
- Spoon into pastry case and serve decorate with pastry shapes.