Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Looks really nice, and is somewhat healthier than most pies/tarts.
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 2 apples (approx. 450g)
- 2 cups strawberries (aspprox. 200g)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix flour and butter to resemble breadcrumbs. Stir in oatmeal, then add enough cold water to bind mixture to a firm dough. Knead lightly until smooth.
- Roll out pastry and line a 23cm pie tin. Trim and prick the base with a fork before lining with baking paperr and either baking beads or rice or dried beans. Stamp shapes out of leftover pastry if desired using cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10 minute Remove paper and beans and bake for a further 10-15 min or until golden brown. Bake small shapes until golden.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place in a pan with the strawberries, sugar and cornflour. Cover and cook gently, sitrring until the fruit is just tender, approximately 10 minute
- Spoon into pastry case and serve decorate with pastry shapes.