Recipe by northernmom
This simple to make recipe came from a cookbook compiled by the Dietitians of Canada! I was intrigued enough to look inside, and was pleasantly surprised. This is one of many recipes my family and I have enjoyed from this cookbook.
- 5 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup washed hulled strawberry
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Cinnamon Chips: Brush tortillas lightly with water; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut into wedges.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- (This on it's own is wonderful. Also, I have brushed tortillas with Cajun spice as a snack separate from this entry).
- Salsa: In a medium bowl, mash strawberries; add apple, honey and, if using, orange zest.
- Serve with Cinnamon Chips.
- (I mashed some strawberries, and diced some, just for texture variety).