Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
The temperatures are warming up, so this pitcher of Strawberry Apple Homemade Sweet Tea is making it's way onto my table as the perfect refreshing drink. Because the apple juice is almost cut in half with unsweetened brewed tea, it reduces the amount of sugar in this drink. However, it tastes so much better than apple juice diluted with plain water! To release the flavors of the strawberries, I add them to the pitcher first and smash them a bit with the stirring spoon. It is also important to note that in my house, when served a glass of this tea, using your spoon to fish out the strawberries so you can eat them is perfectly acceptable. We rarely dine with the queen, so in this case, there is no need to have impeccable manners. :) I make this Strawberry Apple Homemade Sweet Tea with black tea, but it is also excellent with green tea, white tea or a selection of herbal tea. If you are going to make it with a tea other than black, please consult my guide on Brewing the Perfect Cup of Tea so you can select the correct steeping time.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 black tea bags (or substitute green tea, white tea, or herbal tea)
- 4 cups unfiltered organic apple juice
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- Steep the 4 tea bags in the 3 cups of boiling water for 4 minute. Squeeze tea bags and discard.
- Add the sliced strawberries to the bottom of the pitcher and smash with a spoon.
- Add both the tea and the apple juice to the pitcher. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice.