Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple recipe that's good for Passover or year round. Serve plain or with whipped cream.
Make and share this Strawberry Apple Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and cut in half. If very large, cut in quarters.
- Peel apples and cut into small slices.
- Mix filling ingredients and put in 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Mix topping ingredients, except for margarine.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Spread topping on top of fruit filling.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until just starting to brown.
I really liked the flavors in this crisp, but it was too sweet for my tastes. The crisp turned out watery -- I think next time I would add some cornstarch to the mixture to absorb the juices and thicken them up and I would definitely reduce the sugar in the topping. I will try this dish again because I like the simple ingredients and the idea of the strawberries and apples together. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.