1/5 Photos of Strawberry Angel Trifle
Everyone I've made this for has asked for the recipe. It makes a beautiful presentation and it's very easy to put together. You can use low fat cream cheese and low fat Cool Whip if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 round prepared angel food cake (if you can't find a round one, you can use two of the loaf type)
- 3 pints strawberries
- 1 jar prepared strawberry glaze (usually found in the produce section of the grocery) or 1 jar strawberry sauce (usually found in the produce section of the grocery)
- 1Slice and quarter strawberries, reserving a few for garnish.
- 2Add sugar to taste.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Cream sugar and cream cheese.
- 5Add Cool whip and beat until light and fluffy.
- 6Drain about 3/4 of the liquid produced from soaking the berries; pour the glaze over and stir.
- 7Slice cake into 2-inch pieces.
- 8Fill a trifle dish or 9-inch deep glass bowl, with layers of the cake, strawberries and then the cream cheese mixture.
- 9Garnish with reserved strawberries.
- 10Refrigerate at least six hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Angel Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 383.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: