Recipe by Chris from Kansas
There are many variations of this dessert posted, but I like this one best since it includes cottage cheese and pineapple. It is a great low-fat dessert.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagebetty crocker white angel food cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1/3 ounce) package sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 cup low-fat cream-style cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake and cool cake as directed on package.
- Cut cake vertically into halves.
- Freeze one half for future use.
- Remove crust from other half, cut into about 1-inch cubes.
- Pour boiling water on gelatin in large bowl; stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in reserved pineapple juice.
- Place cottage cheese in blender container.
- Cover and blend on medium speed, stopping blender frequently to scrape sides, until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add gelatin mixture.
- Cover and blend on medium speed until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Return miture to large bowl.
- Stir in pineapple, strawberries and cake cubes.
- Pour into square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 6 hours.