Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
- 2 cups angel food cake, crumbs
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup (thawed and pureed)
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 5 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Combine cake crumbs, 1 1/2 cups of the strawberry puree, and orange liqueur in a large bowl.
- Pour remaining 1/2 cup strawberry puree into bottom of a 2 quart souffle dish that has been greased and sprinkled with sugar.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks in a large bowl, adding sugar gradually; fold into cake mixture.
- Pour into souffle dish.
- Bake at 350 until puffed and set, about 35 minutes.