Recipe by dojemi
This is strawberry-shortcake-mixed-together! Quite delicious, especially on a warm summer evening. It can also be made in a Bundt pan (very lightly sprayed with Pam) served with frozen strawberries (thawed) and cream.
Top Review by jorgydee
Made this dessert awhile ago and am now getting around to rating it . Excellent, easy and delish. Sent this dessert to my MIL'S birthday, dish came back empty. I have given this recipe out many times. For quick fixen I have used an 9x13 inch baking dish, then just let them scoop it out.
- 1 angel food cake (store bought or homemade)
- 1 (1 lb) container frozen strawberries, with juice, thawed (do not use fresh strawberries.....juices are essential)
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 pint heavy cream or 1 pint all purpose cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Break angel cake into small pieces.
- Dissolve jello in 1 1/4 cups boiling water.
- Add strawberries and juices.
- Stir, and allow to cool.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over angel cake pieces and stir to combine.
- Pour into 2-piece angel food pan (or bundt pan).
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Remove sides of pan, put onto serving platter and cut as you would a cake.
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream and strawberries.