Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is strawberry-shortcake-mixed-together! Quite delicious, especially on a warm summer evening. It can also be made in a Bundt pan (very lightly sprayed with Pam) served with frozen strawberries (thawed) and cream.
- 1 angel food cake (store bought or homemade)
- 1 (1 lb) container frozen strawberries, with juice, thawed (do not use fresh strawberries.....juices are essential)
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 pint heavy cream or 1 pint all purpose cream, whipped
- Break angel cake into small pieces.
- Dissolve jello in 1 1/4 cups boiling water.
- Add strawberries and juices.
- Stir, and allow to cool.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over angel cake pieces and stir to combine.
- Pour into 2-piece angel food pan (or bundt pan).
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Remove sides of pan, put onto serving platter and cut as you would a cake.
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream and strawberries.
Made this dessert awhile ago and am now getting around to rating it . Excellent, easy and delish. Sent this dessert to my MIL'S birthday, dish came back empty. I have given this recipe out many times. For quick fixen I have used an 9x13 inch baking dish, then just let them scoop it out.
I was really looking forward to making this cake because off all the good reviews and the wonderful photos, but I was really disappointed. We didn't really care for the cake at all. It had a weird jello-y taste to it (I know there was jello in there, but it just tasted really weird). Sorry about the low review. I won't be making it again.
I've made this mold several times since Thanksgiving of 2010, and it's outstanding. Great recipe!