Recipe by ksmall
This is a delicious and healthy angel food cake with strawberries, which can easily be substituted for any other berry or fruit.
Top Review by Scoutie
We really enjoyed this, made for a family gathering last week. I didn't use the white chocolate, personal preference, so increased the dark chocolate. I also used a store-bought angel food cake to save time. Oh, I also used regular cool whip...wasn't worried about the calories that day. LOL Thanks for sharing ksmall.
- 1 angel food cake (either store bought or homemade)
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat-free cool whip
- 4 ounces bar of good dark chocolate
- 4 ounces bar white chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up the angel food cake into 1-inch size pieces.
- In a trifle bowl, layer the bottom with half of the angel food cake pieces.
- Spread half of the container of Cool Whip over the angel food cake layer.
- Spread half of the strawberries over the Cool Whip layer.
- Shave dark and white chocolate over the strawberries.
- Repeat steps 2-5 one more time.