Recipe by Carrie Ann
This cake is a dream because it looks pretty, tastes delicious and goes together so quickly it's like a dream!
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) prepared angel food cake
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed,and divided
- fresh strawberry, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/3 cup of syrup.
- Split cake horizontally into two layers.
- Place bottom layer on serving plate and spoon strawberries over it.
- Spread with 3 1/4 cups of whipped topping.
- Replace top layer and drizzle with reserved syrup, allowing it to run down outer side of cake.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and fresh strawberries.