Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great hot weather treat, no baking required and super simple. From 1979 Bake Shop in a Book.
- 1 round angel food cake, store bought is fine
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Cut cake into 1 inch cubes.
- Place 1/2 of cake cubes in 13x9 dish.
- Spread with pie filling.
- Cover with remaining cake cubes.
- Beat cream cheese until softened.
- Add milk gradually beeting until smooth.
- Fold in the cool whip.
- Spread over cake.
I have made this before, using cherry pie filling. I got the recipe from my mother and she didn't cube the angel food cake. She sliced it and placed slices in a 13x9 pan. All the rest is the same though. Very good in the summer.
Desserts don't get much easier than this--light, quick, simple and delicious--this is like a strawberry shortcake shortcut-great for unexpected company!Thanks for posting!!~~TERESA