Recipe by looneytunesfan
This light, cool dessert is always a tremendous way to top off a big hot meal.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups angel food cake, cubes
- fresh strawberries (optional)
- of fresh mint (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand 5 minutes to soften.
- Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Stir in undrained strawberries. Chill until partially thickened. Fold in whipped topping.
- Place cake cubes in a mixing bowl; pour strawberry mixture over cake and mix gently. Pour into an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish. Chill until firm.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint if desired.