Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Save precious time by using a store-bought angel food cake, and still get that homemade taste.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10 inch) round angel food cake
- 3 tablespoons triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur) or 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier, divided (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine the strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; cover and let stand 1 hour. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, milk, and cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Cut the angel food cake into 3 layers using a serrated knife; place bottom layer, cut side up, on a serving plate. Brush with 1 tablespoon liqueur, and spread half of cream cheese mixture over cake. Spoon one-third of strawberries over cream cheese mixture using a slotted spoon. Repeat layers, ending with cake and liqueur.
- Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Cover; chill 30 minutes. Arrange remaining strawberries on top of cake before serving; sprinkle with toasted almonds.