Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the 2009 cookbook, Zero-Proof Cocktails.
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled, halved
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- In a blender, combine watermelon, strawberries, sugar & lemon juice & process until smooth.
- Gradually add the ice & blend until the drink has a slushy consistency.
- Pour into a chilled glass & ENJOY!
This was really yummy :) The only change I made was that I only added 1 tablespoon of sugar instead of two and it was still sweet enough for me. This is definitely an excellent drink for a hot summer day (which living in Texas I experience plenty of those!) Thanks for sharing, I will definitely be making again. Made for 1-2-3 Hits game
Right now at 1:00 pm, (when I took my photo) AcuWeather reads "Mostly Sunny 86Â° RealFeelÂ® 96Â°." They're right. It's 95 degrees on my back deck. So, let's talk about this absolutely cool and refreshing slushy. OMG. What a perfect sipper for a day like today, and...it's about as easy to make as it's gonna get. Who doesn't have strawberries and watermelon on hand in the summer? I LOVE the texture and color, too. O.K. I'm done. Sooo glad I tagged this recipe for 1-2-3 Hits, Summer 2010. Thanks, Syd.
Yummy for breakfast or any time! I made this for a treat on such a hot 95* day, and will be making it again. Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.