Recipe by Ducky
I walked into Marshall Field's looking for a set of knives and smelled the demo lady cooking this. Oh, my, it smelled so good. Took a copy of the recipe and made it for dinner. Well, it was good. I used raspberry vinegar and prepackaged greens (approx 7 1/2 C).
Top Review by Rayvnus
OH MY GOD is all I can say. I saw this and thought hummm sounds pretty intresting. Strawberries are in season here buy them by the flat. And my hubby & kids eat them like no tomorrow including our dogs...lol I made the salad with Raspberry Vingerette(my favorite salad dressing in world) I did include walnuts in mix sooner saute in Butter/Oil mix(we used Grapeseed oil)They absorbed every sweet/tangy taste. It is amazing and great way to get kids to eat a salad. 2 thumbs up from us inculding Paws...lol
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 -4 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- blue cheese, to taste (garnish) (optional)
- strawberry (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients, mix and set aside.
- In medium-large skillet, melt butter with olive oil.
- Add chicken and saute on medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Add half of the dressing and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the halved berries and cook 30 seconds, until heated through.
- Spoon chicken, onions and berries over the greens.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Garnish with cheese and whole berries, if desired.
- Serve remaining half of the dressing on the side.