Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For those who haven't tasted this type of salad, I highly recommend it! Sounds a little odd if you're not used to fruit in a green salad, but it's absolutely delicious. Recipe from Edmonton Journal paper.
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the spinach, red cabbage and green onion.
- Whisk the cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar, poppy seeds, paprika and worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the poppy seed dressing and arrange on eight individual plates.
- Top with fresh strawberries, almonds and sesame seeds.