Recipe by Trinkets
I like the balsamic vinagrette combined with the sweet strawberries and fresh spinach. Unlike most salads with sweet berries the flavors are tangy and mild rather than sugary or syrup-y, allowing the sweetness of the berries to shine through. A little goat cheese on each serving would be nice but is optional. I hope you like it, too.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! Little Miss (DD - 6 year old) loved this salad. I kept to the recipe and it only took me about five minutes to put together. I served it alone for me, but with Recipe #410074 for Hubby and Little Miss. Thanks for posting your recipe Trinkets.
- 1 ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or 1 teaspoon creole mustard
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 pint ripe strawberry, stemmed & quartered
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, shaved
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk or shake in a jar until emulsified.
- Taste the dressing, and adjust to your liking.
- For the salad, combine the strawberries, onions and spinach in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently with the dressing just before serving.