I like the balsamic vinagrette combined with the sweet strawberries and fresh spinach. Unlike most salads with sweet berries the flavors are tangy and mild rather than sugary or syrup-y, allowing the sweetness of the berries to shine through. A little goat cheese on each serving would be nice but is optional. I hope you like it, too.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk or shake in a jar until emulsified.
- Taste the dressing, and adjust to your liking.
- For the salad, combine the strawberries, onions and spinach in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently with the dressing just before serving.